Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not for the faint-hearted!

WARNING:


This blog contains material that may not be suitable for young children and some adults! Graphic photos of my big fat ugly swollen foot!



Ok, now that I have made myself perfectly clear I am going to tell you about my doctor apointment yesterday. I had to go get the bandages changed. I was not really looking forward to that because I thought I was being a huge wimp, you know not walking yet and all that! I also thought that it would hurt, I am not sure why! Anyway, we got there (by the way, Wes made sure he was home from work in time to take me - he has taken such good care of me!) and the doctor said that my x-rays look wonderful and everything went great! That is good to hear! I wonder how many times he says, um, your x-rays don't look right, I think we did it all wrong! That is beside the point. He wanted to move my toe - which is one of the reasons I took a Percocet about an hour before my apointment! I was nervous at how badly it would hurt but I said ok - he was quite impressed by the range of motion I had already! It is probably from all the twitching that stupid toe has done since the surgery! My toes like to move constantly! It didn't hurt when he moved it, which suprised me! He said I needed to start moving it a little more! He was really happy at how well I was doing and told Wes that he still needs to take really good care of me! Yay! Anyway, I guess I am not as big of a wimp as I thought I was, I am glad Wes got to hear that! Enjoy the disgusting picture! The purple is where he drew stuff, he had to put YES on my foot to make sure he did surgery on the correct foot and then for some reason he had to draw the incision and stitches. Whatever. My foot is orange because of the stuff they used to clean it before the surgery. I can't get it wet to wash it so I guess it will be orange for a while longer! Again, whatever.






6 comments:

Lexie said...

What were you doing blogging at 5 in the morning?!?!

Well, your foot doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, that's good news right? I think it's so funny that they had to write "yes" on your foot so he didn't cut the wrong one, HA! Medical schools sure do have all the new technology don't they?

Glad it went well and you weren't a baby. I told you, after you told me your labor stories, I think you really do have a high pain tolerance and just don't know it!

Cami said...

Oh sure make it so I can't even click on them and REALLY look at the grusome pictures. It doesn't look as bad as I thought either. Glad it wasn't as terrible as you thought. Hope it keeps getting better and better!

Nikki Whitehead said...

I don't know why you can't click on them and make them bigger! If anyone knows why it does that let me know and I will fix it! I made the pictures bigger so you can see them a little better!

Mary said...

are you naming it "frankenfoot" ? I think you should dress it like this for halloween! see you in the morning for laney!

Kristy Martin said...

Fressia- you sure you still want this?

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Your foot is all fat and swollen like mine are...