Sunday, September 7, 2008

The day of surgery

I am not going to post a lot of details but here are a few pictures. First I have to post a thank you to all those who have helped us! We had a really nice guy from our ward come over to help Wes give me a blessing! That was super nice of him and I totally appreciate it! I have had a lot of people call me and check up on me. Also Rilee and Shandis brought us dinner on Friday! It was super good and so wonderful of them! THANKS! I was so worried about not having any family here but there are so many wonderful people here in the ward that are already like family! It is so wonderful! Laney wanted to take some pictures before we left for the hospital so I figured I could blog some.



The big bump on the side of my foot by my big toe is a bunion. Just a little extra bone that they had to cut off. If you want to know - they cut about an inch-and-a-half incision right above it, cut the bone off, broke my foot, stuck pins in it and cut a tendon to straighten out my toe.

Also, I wanted to mention how wonderful my mom and sisters are! They got me these wonderful flowers! Thanks guys! It made my day! Wes had gone to the store to get me some medicine and while he was gone the flower guy came. I didn't even hear the door when all of the sudden there is a stranger coming into my room! I guess the kids opened the door and brought him up! Freaked me out! We had a nice talk about letting strangers into my bedroom after that! Anyway, the flowers are wonderfully beautiful! Thanks again Mom, Cami, Steph, Cort and Kaycee! You guys are the greatest! If you can see, my kids made me some paper flowers also. They are sitting next to the real flowers! They are so cute! I love them! Thanks everyone for all the help!



Ok, I talked to Cami (my sister) and she said this is what she ordered! I was totally happy with the flowers I got, but she wasn't because she paid for something cucter and didn't exactly get it! She is very funny, she doesn't complain much, but I guess she did and I am getting more flowers tomorrow! I am going to have to go downstairs so I don't have another flower guy incident! hahaha! Anyway, thanks again Steph for having the idea to send flowers and for all the rest of my sisters and Mom for sending them! I love you all so much!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Ok I am really irritated. Those flowers look like crap! I am going to send you a picture of what they were SUPPOSED to be! I am also going to call that dumb flower place. How annoying.

I am SO glad you have such a wonderful ward and friends already. I was worried about that! That is awesome they are all being so great to help you! Cute pictures, good job Laney Bug!

Lexie said...

Look at all the blogging you are doing!

Your poor foot :( I asked your hubby at church today how you were doing he said "ok I guess" then I asked him if you slept better last night than the night before and he said...get this "I don't know, she didn't wake me up so I assume so" Ha, I was laughing, what a sweetheart you have there! But I hope you are doing well, I will call you later and see.

Ps. I laughed out loud when I read that the kids let that stranger up! Holy cow I would have died! Ha, but it makes for a great story!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there to help. Feel better soon !