Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What to do, what to do...

As many of you know, I have a lot of trouble with Kyler. I am not sure what I can do about him or if there is even anything I can do for him. All I know is I am exhausted. When Wes leaves town Kyler has a really hard time. We have fits on a daily basis. When he gets into one of his fits there is no reasoning with him. There is almost nothing I can do to stop him other than just let it run its course. Today, for example, his fit lasted 2 hours (at least, I am not sure of the exact time!). There was nothing I could do to make it better, even if I tried to be super nice, bribe him or whatever it just made it worse. Now when I say his fit lasted for 2 hours I mean he did not stop yelling/screaming the ENTIRE TIME!! Talk about hard to deal with. I wanted to beat the child! I couldn't talk to the other kids because nobody could hear anything but Kyler. Now, don't think that he is a horrible child because he is one of the best kids in the world, he just has fits now and then. I love him more than anything and would never want a different child. I just wish I knew how to deal with his fits. I am not trying to complain, just wanted to vent a little. This is the part of the story I was getting to. While we were arguing he decided to be ballsy and call me a name. Wes and I don't put up with name calling, especially to us but I wasn't sure exactly how to react to this one. I don't think I have ever said this, and I am pretty sure Wes hasn't. In the middle of my sentence Kyler yelled - "You stupid Ho!" Oh my goodness, I had to think about it for a second because I wasn't sure he had the guts to really say that! I am sure he doesn't know what he just said but I am still, now an hour later, trying to figure out a punishment for that! What the heck??!! Oh man, I am exhausted! I kind of laugh about it just because it is a laugh or cry type thing and I would rather laugh. And if you don't believe me, I was on the phone with my friend Lexie and she heard it!

Anyway, long post made short - I am not sure what to do with Kyler and what do you do when your child calls you a "stupid ho"? (kind of a rhetorical question!)

Again, Kyler is a totally great kid and would do anything for anyone most of the time. I think he just needs special attention from a parent (mostly Wes) a lot more often than the other kids. I love him with all my heart!





6 comments:

Fressia Vaughn said...

Too make him feel special you can send him out to stay with Aunt Fressia for a few days! I would LOVE the company... granted I have to work, but I would work short days and he could hang out with Tanner during the day (if Kristy didn't mind). I was actually thinking about this this morning as I was driving to work - weird, I know. And you don't want to reward him for bad behavior, and I know it wouldn't solve the problem, but I wouuld sure love it.

Misty said...

Oh man, when you figure it out let me know! My two year old tells me he is going to kick my butt! Hello!!! What do you do??????

Allison said...

I would guess he doesn't know what that means. Once when I was 8 I was playing cards with my dad and he was winning and I got a little mad and I said, "You bastard"...hahah - I had NO idea what that meant or what I was saying. He calmly explained what it meant and I was horrified that I had said it. I apologized to him and he forgave me, but said that if I ever used that word again he would ground me and wash my mouth out with soap. So, I guess basically they explained what it meant and then gave me a warning of sorts to never use it again, which I didn't.
I did have my mouth washed out with soap as a kid for saying inappropriate things, it definitely has a lasting effect! :) Good luck, remember you were meant to be his mom because Heavenly Father knew you could handle it and love him in spite of it, so you are the best person to decide what he needs. :) Love ya and miss you tons!!!!!

Marci said...

You are one strong woman! I love you and think very highly of you! Sorry about Kyler, I had to wash Brocks mouth out with soap two days ago for calling Hannah a name. Make sure he understands that the word he called you is not a good word...next time lather him up! =)

Lexie said...

Maybe if you weren't a ho, he wouldn't call you that!!!!

Ha ha, oh my goodness I really hope no one thinks I am serious! I LOVE YOU NIKKI! (and no I don't think you are a 'stupid ho') I am sorry about Kyler, you know I will help you ANYTIME you need it. Even if it is just to listen to you on the phone yell at your kids instead of beating them! I am saving lives....on kid at a time :)

Cami said...

Hahaha! Oh my goodness I love Lexie!!! That's funny stuff.