This morning after the kids had gotten mostly ready for school I went into the office to check the weather for the boys. When I came out I smelled smoke - like something was on fire! I totally flipped out running around the house trying to find the fire! Then I remembered a couple of days ago we had a birthday party here for my friends little boy, Reven and I got the matches out to light the candles. I put them away quickly hoping that the kids wouldn't notice where they were. Well, I guess Rylan saw where they were. I walked up to his room and found him with a guilty look on his face. I asked him where the fire is! He pointed to the other side of his room and I saw his candle...

That is the entire box of matches sitting inside it! I was furious! This is not the first time he has done this! In Texas I found a bunch of lit matches on his floor inside his closet! I am just not sure how to deal with this problem! I don't think he realizes how dangerous it is! I got online and showed the kids how quickly fire spreads but obviously that didn't work! Any suggestions?? Believe me, when he gets home from school he is going to be writing a BUNCH of sentences as part of his punishment! I am totally open to suggestions...
2 comments:
BEAT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have Fire Fighter Grampa in Iraq call and scare them. It didn't work for Grampa's kids... (we were/are all pyro's) but maybe Grampa can tell him some gorey stories.
Post a Comment