Sunday, June 21, 2009

Flappy Hather's Day!

If anyone knows my mom, they understand the "Flappy Hather's Day" She always mixed up her words! That one just stuck!

Anyway, I wanted to say a few things to the wonderful Fathers/men in my life!

1. Wes.











There is so much to say. I am the luckiest person in the world. He is always trying to make me happy (which isn't always an easy feat!) He is the most wonderful father and husband and I am so grateful for him. He is a great example to me and the kids. I really want him to know how much we appreciate him. He works so hard to provide for us and then he comes home and entertains us. If we ever want to go somewhere or do something he is always ready to make us happy. Thanks so much Wes, I wish there were a way to repay you for all you do for us! We love you!
I want to tell some fun memories I have with Wes...
- He was my 1st kiss (although he will deny it!)
- He shoved me playfully after a hockey game in HS and I fell on my butt. I was wearing his Letterman jacket and he came running to make sure IT was ok - didn't care so much about me!
- Throwing pumpkins out the suburban window.
- Always toilet papering the same person's house.
- Going to Vegas for our 21st birthdays.
- Scaring the crap out of me the first time he took me repelling off the Weber State Football Bleachers!
- Jumping off the roof with my dads para sail (Dad, you can't get mad, it was too long ago - isn't there a statute of limitations on that kind of stuff??)
The list could go on and on because we have done some fun/crazy things in the 16 years I have known him. Thanks so much for the great memories and for all you do for me! I LOVE YOU!!

2. My Dad.







How lucky I am to have him! Life wasn't always peachy as a kid - partly because of me being so much like him! But I don't remember those times as much as I remember the great times! My dad is a great person "special" is the word we used to use for him! But I truly think he is a special person! (you would have to be to raise 5 daughters!) He is a great example to me and to my children! I am not sure he will know how much he really means to me! He is always willing to help, and never wants the credit or people to know what he has done! Thank you so much dad! I am a lucky duck! I love you from stranger to stranger and mountain to mountain!!
Some fun memories of my dad:
- Camping was always an adventure- never knowing if we were going to get stuck in a mud pit and have to sit in the car and pray that dad would calm down and the trailer would get out of the mud quick!
- Jumping on the trampoline with dad and staring straight at his huge belt buckle! (I think that is the earliest I can remember!)
- Diving contests.
- Taking a trip into Manhattan in the rainy, cold, miserable weather!
- Listening to dad threaten my dates!
- Begging him until he finally caved to take his awesome truck and he could drive the stupid Taurus!
- Walking in the computer room when I was younger to talk to him only to find him on his knees praying! What an example that was to me! I will never forget it!
Again, my list could go on and on. Thanks so much dad for all you have done and still do for me! You are a great father and grandfather! Who could ask for anything more?!

3. My Father-in-law







What a wonderful, selfless person he is. I am not sure I know anyone like him. He is quite an amazing man. I quickly got used to calling him dad! What a great example he is to my family! You have raised a wonderful son and I am proud to say that Wes seems to have a lot of your great qualities! Thank you! You are always there for me and my family any time we need you! Thank you so much for everything and I can only hope that one day my kids will grow up to be just like you!
Some memories I have of Dad W.
- Watching him invent and reinvent just about anything and everything!
- Fireworks.
- Him coming to my house when Wes was out of town to get the bird out that had flown in.
- Spraying my house for bugs/scorpions quite often!
- Asking him anything and he knowing the answer - he either knows a lot or can BS his way out of anything!
- Watching him read stories to my kids.
- Listening to his crazy and wild stories!
- Making fun of his silly shorts and/or shoes! (he is not the most fashion conscious man! But we still love him!)
- Eating his DELICIOUS, absolutely heavenly homemade pizza!
Again, I am sure I could go on and on. Thanks for all you are and all you have done for us! We love you so much!

I am not sure how I got lucky enough to have a wonderful dad, Superb husband and totally wicked father-in-law but I did! Thanks so much for all you do and I wish there were a way to express my love and gratitude for all three of you!

FLAPPY HATHER'S DAY!!

No comments: