Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Little Cuddles the bunny

I was in the house doing something productive, I am sure, when Rylan came in yelling for me to come see the bunny in the front yard. It didn't seem like a big deal to me because there are bunnies in the yard all the time. But, I did it just to humor him and this is what we saw...



How cute is that?! Now, my first thought was, are bunnies like birds and if you touch their babies they will never take care of them? Are there diseases? What the heck are my kids doing catching bunnies? What are we going to do with this bunny? Where is it's mom?
I still don't have answers for any of those questions. But I decided that since they have already touched it and there is no mom around I would let them hold it for a while and then let it go where they found it. Maybe we won't watch what happens because I don't want the kids to see a bird swoop down and eat it up! Hopefully the mom isn't too busy with her other kids to find this one! I tried to look for maybe some brothers or sisters because I think we all know bunnies don't just have one bunny at a time! Nada! I am really not sure what to do or if the kids will freak out when I say it is time to let it go! They are already worried about it being cold. It is like 73 degrees and the bunny has fur! I am pretty sure it is not cold! O-well, good luck little bunny!









A little while after I posted this the kids went to put the bunny back where they found him and guess what? They found the other little bunnies! There is a hole in the lawn where they made their home! We put him back and left. I hope the momma bunny will be happy to have her entire family back! Whew, now I can sleep tonight knowing that little cuddles is safe and with his family!

1 comment:

Marci said...

Typical Whitehead day! How funny! I love it that the kids caught him. Sad you couldn't keep the little fella!