Friday, December 5, 2008

Into the City with Dad & Brenda

We decided to take Dad & Brenda into the City Sunday because they hadn't been since they got here and we were running out of time! Anyway, it was totally rainy and freezing cold that day (maybe it was a sign we should have gone to church??!!) Anyway, we rode the train in and then got on the subway to get to Ground Zero & Battery Park. If you know me by now, you know that I could get lost walking out my front door! So being in the subway is very frightening to me! We get on the subway and at one point Wes says, get off here. We all stood up to get off - Wes got off first, then Kyler and then as Rylan was getting off the door shut on him. It knocked him over and his foot was stuck for a second or two. I was scared for two reasons: 1. I AM LOST WITHOUT WES!! 2. MY SON WAS STUCK IN THE DOOR OF THE TRAIN!!! Holy cow! I wasn't sure what to do. We got off the subway at the next exit hoping to be able to get ahold of Wes and find him and our way! Couldn't get ahold of him for a while and when we finally did, he had gotten back on the subway and gotten to Ground Zero. (he had gotten off a couple of exits too early!) We ended up walking a couple of miles to find them - let me remind you again it was raining and freezing cold!! We went to Burger King for lunch then started walking again. We went to Central Park and that was about all we could stand because we were all soaking wet and cold! It was fun to be with Dad & Brenda but I really feel bad that their trip kind of sucked! Sorry guys! Maybe next time it will be a little better! I also don't have a lot of pictures, hopefully Dad took more and I can get them from him soon!

The only pictures I got were on the train on the way to the City!

No comments: