Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First trip to the City with family!

On Wednesday we woke up - it was Rylan's birthday so we had his favorite breakfast, bacon and Fruity Pebbles. I know it sounds weird but that is how we roll around here! Anyway, I sent the boys off to school and then we all got ready to go to Kyler's program at the school. He was so excited to know that everyone would be there. You should have seen his little face when he saw all of us - Grandma Whitehead, Me, Fressia, Brad, Jamee, Trevor and Rylan - it was priceless!







After the program we kind of just all sat around waiting to go to the City. Wes had to work a little so we were waiting for him. We left and took the train in. We got some cute pictures on the train. Then we saw a few things and went to Central Park. We were only there for about 2 minutes before Kyler picked up a nice big rock. I wasn't looking but I am told he was walking up another rock and slipped and fell. His hand got smashed between the two rocks and he started screaming! I knew by the way he was crying that there was something wrong - and the fact that it swelled up so fast! The poor kid - besides getting his hand smashed, it was freakin' freezing!!! Well, we cut our trip short to take him home. I told Wes that I was going to take him to the ER because I was sure it was broken. He said, even if it is broken they can't cast it until the swelling goes down, so just wait a few days. Well, I didn't like that idea but I figured I could wait an hour or two. Besides it was Rylan's birthday and I felt like a horrible mom because he didn't want to come with us to the city so he got left home with Mom Whitehead and Delaney. Anyway, we had a yummy spaghetti dinner that Grandma Whitehead made, opened a few gifts and played around a little while. We knew Kyler was hurt because he wouldn't even use his thumb to drive a remote control car. He complained a little about the pain and I told Wes that I was taking him in. He said, ok - I found a bumper pool table and I am going to go get it now. Ok, whatever! So I asked if anyone wanted to come to the ER with me. Lucky me Fressia was bored and wanted to come. She and I had our cameras and were taking pictures like crazy. I think people thought we were crazy - not many people take pictures of their trips to the ER! End result: Fractured thumb - need to see a specialist in a few days.

1 comment:

Cortney said...

He is so cute! Thats a Whitehead for you, Ha Ha Ha.... I hope he gets better soon.