Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My basement WHAT???

On Wednesdays a bunch of people come over and we have preschool at my house. I am super glad they came over today because one of the moms came upstairs and told me that the carpet was soaked and it is leaking from the ceiling also! The first thing I do... check the washing machine and the stupid sink in there that backs up all the time and floods the basement! Not that! I am thinking, what the heck could it be?? I go downstairs and check.... The water heater burst!! There is a big hole int he back of it and water is just gushing out! I would never have found it because I only go in the basement to run on the treadmill and I wouldn't see it from there! Well, I got out the carpet cleaner and the shop vac and we started sucking up gallons and gallons of water out of the carpet!! This really sucks!! I had a lot of help cleaning everything up - Thanks everyone!! It is still a little wet down there and luckily the ceiling leak is just from condensation on the pipes dripping. We should be getting a new water heater soon! Oh, I almost forgot - I called Wes to see what I should do and where the water valve is to shut off the water and do you know the first thing he said?? When I told him it was leaking thru the ceiling also he said - is the pool table ok?? Are you kidding there is water up to my ankle and you are worried about the pool table?? I will move it! (not really that much water but it sounds better when I exaggerate!)

I am not sure if you can tell or not but the seam on the water heater just popped open.

It is facing the wall so I didn't get a good picture of it.

Of course we had to take care of the precious pool table!

Nobody wanted to be in the picture so here is the carpet cleaner and the shop vac is hiding in the closet.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Dang. That sucks! Sorry! I hope the pool table is ok! Haha! :)