Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

I used to be a huge fan of the Easter Bunny, but since I have had kids and their teeth are rotting out of their mouth and they get super-hyper at the mere mention of candy, I am not such a fan anymore! This year I think the Easter Bunny realized that my children should not have candy so he decided to be totally LAME! I think he procrastinated getting our stuff because it really was pretty lame! (just to forwarn you, I will probably use the word "lame" quite a bit in this post! Sorry!) Anyway, I will start with Saturday. We had a ward Easter party that was lots of fun! I signed up to do a salad of some sort, and since I also am a procrastinator we stopped at the grocery store on the way to the party and picked up some yummy-looking fruit. My fruit turned out to be totally rotten!! We were sitting at a table eating with our friends and Lexie put some of the fruit in her mouth and then spit it back out! I felt so bad that my fruit was bad! Sorry everyone! I took it back to the grocery store and got my money back! Thank goodness! Anyway, other than the rotten fruit that I brought, the party was a lot of fun! I always love hanging out with my friends (especially when the make fun of my husband's horn - that post is coming up soon!) Anyway, I didn't want the fun to stop so I asked Rob and Lexie to come over and dye eggs with us. I always like to have them come over! They are a lot of fun! I just hope Rob doesn't get sick of us too soon! Hahaha! Ok so here are some pics of egg dying -

Jesse enjoying a popcorn egg! He is such a cutie!


Rylan doesn't seem to care if Reven is there! haha - I hope it doesn't stink under there!


Kyler just couldn't keep his feet off the table! He sure got into it!


How fun!


My beautiful Bug!


Now for the Easter Bunny part of the story! Like I said, he must have procrastinated because this year was pretty lame! When we woke up, the kids didn't think the Easter Bunny had been here - honest mistake, he came in the basement and they didn't look down there. We didn't have time to do the egg hunt before church so off we went! When we got home they found some eggs and opened them up! Here is what they found...


The eggs are empty except for a little tiny piece of paper that says "try again!" What the heck! Yeah, I know, LAME! The kids thought so too! So off they went to find some more stupid eggs...



Finally when they had found all the eggs they dumped them out and started looking for something - anything! Well, each of the kids got an egg with money and a note for their favorite chips, another egg with money for their favorite soda and another one with money for a toy. Then the family got an egg with money for a new DVD. Wes was talking to the kids and said how cool he thought this was and Rylan just looked at him and said "I think this sucks!" Hahaha! Great - Now I feel better about this whole lame Easter Bunny bunk! Whatever!

Look how excited they are opening their eggs!

Kyler was excited about it!


I guess it is a good thing that Easter is not all about the lame Easter Bunny!

I am grateful for Jesus Christ and for the fact that he died for us and was resurrected so that we can live with our families forever!
I hope that everyone had a great Easter and remembered the true meaning of it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Nikki... PLEASE tell me Rylan didn't go to church with a PLAID COLORED shirt under a BLACK AND WHITE SOCCER tie.... :)

Nikki Whitehead said...

You know, I have to pick my battles with him! For some reason he got his dads fashion sense! I wasn't in the mood for arguing! It will happen to you soon enough! I will be commenting on Bostyn's silly outfits! hahaha!

robandlexie said...

Wait I am confused???? I guess I didn't see Rylan at church or something because I thought they can only wear WHITE after they are baptized?!?!?!

Wes, you are slacking!

Cortney said...

Wow!!! LAME! LOL. Just kidding Nik. Good for you. I hate what candy does to kids! Kyla didn't get the best Easter either but then again she is only 16 months old. She can't tell me that it sucks! Kyla will always have a lame Easter. Poor girl! (Ha Ha)

The Hoovers said...

I love it! I wanted to do something else for my kids cause im SO sick of candy in my house but i couldnt think of anything to do so they got candy but it was like one tootie roll per egg and some were empty so i guess we are lame too!