Thursday, April 2, 2009

Learning to crochet

For as long as I can remember I have known how to crochet. Not all that intricate stuff like doilies and stuff but easy blankets and stuff. In the past about 6 years or so I have done a few more things that are a little harder. I really enjoy it. It is a stress relief for me. Also, I really enjoy making baby blankets for my family! Well, I have to pregnant sisters that I am making blankets for. I didn't even think to start to teach Delaney how to crochet yet because I still picture her in my mind a baby! I know she is 5 and is probably old enough but I don't want to believe it! If she can learn to crochet then I have no more babies!! I just can't mentally deal with that! But what choice do I have when she comes to me with the sweetest face in the world and says - mom I want to learn to crochet?! Stinkin cute kids! So I started to teach her. She got a little frustrated (I guess she is a lot like her momma!) but she managed to chain enough to make a bracelet! I am so proud of her! Way to go Bug! My big girl! Here is a video of her! I thought it was pretty cute! Those little hands!






These are a few of the blankets I have made for my family.








I made these for my in-laws! I was so excited that I could make one of these because I think they are awesome! My Grandma J taught me over the phone. I am too far away from her to just go visit so over the phone has to work! She is the best and I am striving to be just like her! Thanks Grandma for everything you do for me! I love you!!


No comments: