Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hiking

Last Saturday we decided to get out of the house and do a little hiking. I am glad we did because it was so pretty and lots of fun! We went to a place called South Mountain Reserve. It is really cool because in the middle of crazy New Jersey you find this incredible area! When we first got there Wes held my hand, I guess it totally grossed Rylan out because I could hear funny noises from him and then he said - "What, do you think you are on your honeymoon?" Shortly after that the kids went running down the trail. Before I knew it they were out of sight. I started to panic but Wes told me to calm down, everything would be fine then he started yelling for them to come back. Only a few seconds later he realized they couldn't hear him and were just running crazy through this place and could get lost or hurt! I took off running down the trail, which by the way splits off about a hundred times in 10 ft! (I always exaggerate for effect!) Anyway, I am totally running through this place screaming for my kids and by the time I find them I am in tears! I was so mad I wanted to just pick up a stick and beat them right then and there! Well, it all turned out fine and nobody got beat. We still had an enjoyable time! Also, I would have gotten lots more pictures but I didn't bring my camera because Wes told me he had his. I got it out to take the first picture and it shut off on me. Yeah, he didn't charge it! The battery was dead! I am lucky I got the pictures I did!

When I tell Laney to smile, this is what I get! Cute bug!
Look at this rock, I guess this is why they call it Turtle back rock.
Kyler wanted me to take this. I guess he thinks he is a Stud! (I would have to agree!)
The beautiful trail.
The kids posing!
She just loves her dad!

I wanted a cute picture of the kids on this cool bridge - didn't exactly work out how I wanted.
More trail. As you can see, Laney is picking up lots of leaves. Wes said he would give whoever had the biggest leaf a dollar. She wanted it!
She won! Way to go Laney!

1 comment:

Cami said...

It looks like you guys had fun! It looks so pretty there! I love all of the fall leaves. It sounds like you should beat Wes for saying it was ok the kids ran off! Haha! Glad everything turned out ok!