Sunday, May 12, 2013

Bank Holiday Monday


I have no idea what the Holiday celebrates but the entire country had Monday of last week off.  Everyone just called it "Bank holiday Monday"  I'm not complaining, other than everyone in the country BUT Wes had the day off.  He wasn't able to be with us because he had to be in London for work.  It happened to be one of the two days of our summer.  I've been told that summer here only lasts a week, if we are lucky.  This year - three days.  Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  Now it is winter again.  Anyway, I'm getting a bit off subject.  Our ward decided for the holiday to have a nice little picnic.  There is a place called Westwood that is just a huge chunk of land where animals and people roam.  There are always people walking around there - rain or shine.  Luckily that day it was definitely shining!  We hung out with friends, ate lunch and played an exciting game of Rounders.  I've been told Rounders is like american baseball.  It isn't.  Other than it has bases and people not much else is the same.  They use itty bitty bats.  Not like children's bats, I'm talking really little baby bats.  They have an extra base also.  It was fun.  I still don't understand fully how to play but it was fun anyway!  We brought our "American bats" and everyone loved it!  Oh, did I mention no mitts?  Yeah, its a soft-ish ball but still, I like my mitt.
Anyway, I gave Delaney the camera and asked her to take pictures because the boys and I wanted to play Rounders and she didn't.
Needless to say, the pictures aren't really that great. :)

 A fun rope swing we found in the trees!


 Delaney's piano teacher is multi-talented.  She used to be a gymnast.  Delaney has wanted to be able to do a cartwheel for a long time and I can't seem to teach her.  She is a bit of a spaz.  Anyway, I think she's got it down now!

No comments: