Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wax Museum

Kyler had a book report due that was a lot of fun for us. Now, just for a little background, Kyler is usually super good about doing homework and he gets it done quickly. Book reports are another thing. He doesn't like them at all. In fact, the day we moved here Kyler came home from school with a note that told all about the Wax Museum book report. He told me he didn't want to do it. Fine with me, it is better/easier to just let him get a zero than to fight with him every night for 3 weeks. He has really great grades so I just let him do what he wants and then he can deal with the consequences of a zero. Well, he decided the day before it was due that he wanted to do the wax museum. Great. I won't complain. Until he tells me he needs a costume and we don't have what he needs. We got a little fabric and I started to sew. He really just needed a vest and a bandanna. I was totally worried about the vest turning out to be some crazy-looking-something-that-doesn't-even-resemble-a-vest but it actually turned out fine. I think I did pretty good.

Kyler did a great job at the Museum and I am quite proud of him!

Here is Kyler as Jamie O-Rourke. It was a cute book.


Here is Fancy Nancy and Barbie


A few people like Apolo Ohno, Wayne Gretsky, Mia Hamm, (i can't remember the rest.)


I had to get a picture of Michael!


A few Junie B. Jones (cute girls, by the way!)


Here we have Neil Armstrong, Sally Ride, Helen Keller, Amelia Earhardt and Buzz Aldrin. (I am really not sure how to spell these names!)


This really was such a cute idea and I am glad Kyler decided to participate!

1 comment:

Lexie said...

Kyler is so cute. And I love the wax museum idea