Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Moving...again

Yeah, we are moving. Not too far but we are moving. Our lease was supposed to be up in July 2010 but things happened and the owners had to return home early. That means we had to leave. It kind of sucks but sometimes that's life.

Well, we started looking for somewhere else to live - preferably in the ward. That just wasn't happening. I thought maybe if I waited long enough something might magically appear that was perfect for us! Well, I was wrong. We had to be completely out of the house on February 28. About a week before that we found a house that we love right on the lake! It isn't in our ward but we hadn't found anything in the boundaries. If we didn't get to stay in the ward we might as well be in a house that we are going to love!

Well, things didn't happen totally perfectly so we have nowhere to go for now. We are still working on getting the lake house but for some reason things are going a little slowly. So, at this point we are homeless! We are in a hotel for now. It isn't too bad. It could be worse!

The kids will stay in their school until we actually have a house to live in and then we will switch them schools. Most of us aren't happy about that. Kyler is sad to leave his friends and his teacher. She is so sweet. She was his 1st grade teacher also. We love her! Delaney is sad to leave her teacher - as am I! She is such a great teacher - and I heard from one of the Secretaries in the office that Mrs. Haleblian (Delaney's teacher) was crying because she loves Delaney so much and doesn't want her to leave! How sweet is that!! Rylan isn't too sad about leaving. His teacher is pretty nice but he thinks she gives him too much homework. We'll see when he gets another teacher. He is sad to leave his friends though. I really loved that school and I am sad that we are leaving. I always felt welcome in the school! Great people!

Also, our ward. I am so sad about leaving our ward! I love it! I have made such good friends! I teach the new sunbeams and I am going to cry when I leave them! They are so sweet and they tell me they love me every week! I love how their faces light up when it is time to go to class! I love them to pieces! Wes is the Young Men's president and he just said to me last Sunday - I sure am going to miss my boys! I know he truly cares for them and has a lot of fun with them! My kids have friends and we have so much fun that it is going to be heartbreaking to leave! I just hope that all my friends keep in touch and we will play together all summer!

I have to give a shout out to a lot of my good friends that helped us move! I don't usually like to ask for help - I think it frustrates people sometimes. I had so many people offer to help! I am not sure how we got so lucky to have so many great friends! We had people come help me pack, and clean and also we had some strong men help carry all the heavy things! Even the Missionaries came to help us! THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!

There was one thing I was stressing about - my kids! I needed somewhere for my kids to go so I could get things done without having to worry about them messing things up or just being in my way. I was stressing because who do I call and ask to take my kids? Just as I was starting to get frustrated Wes came in with a text from Jean (a super sweet co-worker) that said she wanted to take my boys into the city to do Lego stuff! An angel sent from heaven! The boys were so excited! I called one of my friends, Keri and asked if she would take Delaney. She did - and actually kept her overnight because we didn't get done until really late! They are super sweet and I appreciate them taking Delaney for me - it helped so much!

I need to say THANKS to my friend, Lexie and her husband Rob. I am not sure what we would have done without them! Rob helped Wes with all the moving and Lexie helped me pack and clean! She even mopped all my floors! I am indebted to them! I just hope that when it is time for them to move they will let us help them! Thanks so much Lex! Love ya!

Also, since we are in a hotel we have had a lot of people offer to feed us dinner! We are so grateful for that! Eating out every meal, every day gets quite expensive! Sunday we had to go out for breakfast because this hotel doesn't have continental breakfast. We didn't really get much for lunch and then we went to the Hogge's for dinner. (THANKS!!) That night for prayer Delaney said - please bless that we will get a house soon and that we will have breakfast, lunch and dinner every day! Kids are funny! (p.s. I promise we are feeding our kids! I love food too much to go without!)

I have a few fun pics of moving but can't get them on the computer yet because all my cords and stuff for the camera are in storage for now. I just wanted to make sure I thanked everyone for all their help! Thanks so much everyone! :)

This is where the kids slept. We packed up their beds so they slept on a mattress in the dining room!



We tried to keep everything that was packed up in one room. It got pretty cluttered in there!


2 comments:

Lexie said...

Love you too babe. You have done so much for us, this was nothing! plus I am sure we will find a way to use you again.....

Cameron and Paige said...

I had know idea that you were going through this. That stinks!!! I hope you guys can get into the house soon. You can stop by anytime we would love to see you! Good luck with everything