Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cupcakes

The kids and I decided that we would make cupcakes for their classes to say goodbye to them. I let them pick whatever kind they wanted. Delaney wanted Funfetti with regular frosting. Kyler wanted chocolate with chocolate. (a boy after my own heart!) And Rylan wanted the coolest looking cupcakes I have ever seen! I was so excited to make them and I actually want another reason to make them again! They were awesome! We found them in a magazine and decided to try them. I love to bake so the time they took wasn't a big deal to me. I had to use Lexie's house (THANKS LEX!) because the hotel didn't have a kitchen. I made about 60 cupcakes and took them to the school. I didn't want to frost them at Lexie's because I thought it would be easier to transport them without the frosting. Well, I guess I didn't realize that frosting 60 cupcakes in the front seat of your car isn't exactly fun/easy! Haha! They got done though. The teachers were wonderful and let me interrupt their class for a while to get a picture or two and say goodbye. I really am going to miss that school!

There isn't many places to put a bunch of cupcakes in the car (especially when you are pretty much living out of it because you have no house!) but I did the best I could!







Look how cute that is! That is not the wrapper you see, that is the cake! The cupcake was rainbow! I was so proud of myself!

Rylan and his teacher Mrs. Tucci

Delaney's class

Delaney and her "favorite teacher ever" Mrs. Haleblian

Miss Veronica - I think she is the teacher's helper. (that is what Delaney says, anyway!)

No comments: