Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Canada

On Saturday Wes and I decided we would go to Canada. Wes had a meeting there on Monday and the kids conveniently had the day off of school so off we went! I knew it was going to be a short trip with lots of driving but I figured we could have a lot of fun and family bonding, blah blah - I wanted out of the house and I had never been to Canada. Anyway, Sunday after church we packed up and left. We drove through upstate NY - man, that is the most beautiful places on earth! (at least that I have seen!) We stopped along the way and got a big bag of apples. Dude, they are so good when they are fresh! We each ate 2 apples immediately! YUMMY! The leaves on the trees were already turning so that made the drive even more awesome! It was totally worth the 20 minutes in Canada! (I know, I exaggerate a little!)

Kyler is faking asleep. He likes to do that for pictures.

Kyler watching a movie and Rylan listening to his MP3.

When we got to the hotel Rylan wanted to play with his toy he got in his kids meal at Wendy's.

Kyler went straight for the TV - my little couch potato!

Delaney wanted to get into bed - it is cold in Canada!

When we were in Utah my mom got the kids Bendaroos. They are pretty fun! The kids make some pretty cool things with them. Here is one of Rylan & Kyler's creations. I think the blue things are spiders.

They also had army guys hanging around playing with the spiders.

Delaney made her own little creations. Obviously by this picture she wasn't too impressed with the boys!



I didn't get a picture of us going into Canada because it was dark and I just didn't think about it! Besides the border was really boring.

I love mountains! Not quite the mountains I grew up with but these are awesome!

I didn't think about pictures when we stopped the car so I had to just get them from the front seat going 65 mph!

So pretty! I guess I love the fall. If only it could be warm when the leaves change color!

Look how beautiful! This is in Vermont. Wes got tired of me taking stupid pictures through the window so he stopped and let me take a few!

Ok, not many pics of Canada. 1 - after NY it wasn't much to look at. 2 - We really only spent about 1 hour not driving around. 3 - I was flustered with the kids and didn't think about getting the camera out. The city we were in was pretty lame. We just walked around a little while Wes was in his meeting. As soon as the meeting was over we started for home! So basically we got there around 10:00 pm Sunday night and started home at around 2:00 pm Monday afternoon. It really was a lot of fun and I enjoy being with my family!

No comments: