Monday, February 23, 2009

Rylan's mouth!

My poor Rylan! He has had teeth problems for a very long time! It just doesn't seem to end for him! I take such good care of my kids teeth, I feel really guilty for Rylan's problems, but when the other two have perfect teeth I guess I can't really blame myself! We bruch twice a day, at least, and at night we swish and floss. And still his mouth looks horrible. He has had to have many teeth pulled. He has had baby root canals, several crowms and so much more! The dentist actually said he really doesn't need to floss the upper teeth because he doesn't have enough up there to floss. So sad, I am not sure how the poor kid even eats! Well, because he is missing so many of his teeth they needed to put a spacer in to make sure the permanent ones don't shift. He wasn't too excited about it but what else could we do!? Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny to hear him talk after he got it - the poor kid now talks funny because of it! He will get used to it and talk less funny, but for now it is pretty funny! I am not sure why I am posting a picture, maybe those of you who have kids who don't like to brush their teeth can use it as a threat - "Do you want your mouth to look like this??? Then brush your teeth!!!"



By the way, everyone can thank Rob for teaching my how to take close up shots and have them pretty clear!

4 comments:

Brad and Jamee said...

OMGoodness! That poor child! I had braces and that was killer, I couldnt imagine all that hes got going on.


So back in the dizzay (that means day for black people, if someones reading this and takes offense to my "black comment" I just want you to know Im black too) anyhow I had the metal spacer that Rylan has and I used to click it with my togue and slurp up my spit... it was nasty! memory lane visit now over.

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

I think it is great that you are doing what needs to be done. Some parents wouldn't get the proper dental work done. He Is trooper for doing it. I work at an endodontist office (only root canals are done) and some adults are pretty nervous about it. Keep up the good work.

I need Rob to teach me how to take close up pictures.

Fressia Vaughn said...

Oh how sad, he has his Aunt Fressia's teeth... It's a good visit to the dentist when he says, "Only four cavities this time!"

Marci said...

Poor Rylan! When I go to the dentist he is always amazed at how clean my teeth are, but then they get the x-rays back and WOAH! what a mess! They crumble and fall apart. I have so many crowns! Some people just have brittle or soft teeth. Its not you! Its him. =-) He's tough! Keep doing what your doing! Hopefully his permanent teeth will be better.