I have been so lucky to find friends when we move! When I lived in Texas we did girl's night out every month! It is so nice to get out of the house and be with other adults! Well, when I moved here I found some friends that I like to hang out with. This month we decided that it would be a lot of fun to dress up and actually go out! It really was fun! I was late....SURPRISE!! But, I had a good reason for it! I was pouting! I don't have too many really nice dresses that I wanted to dress up in so I was flustered trying to find something. I finally decided on what I was going to wear and Wes came home. He looked at me and said "That dress looks HORRIBLE!" Not just that the dress looks bad or I have better ones, he said the word horrible! Not exactly what you want to hear as you are headed out the door! So I got all upset and tried to find one that was suitable to Wes! (Yeah, I know, what was I thinking...who cares what Wes thinks!) Anyway, I found a dress that I love and always have loved. My Grandma made it for my mom when she was in High School. When I was in High School I tweaked the sleeves because I thought they were ugly and I wore it all the time. Well, I actually FIT into the dress! It was a little tighter than I remember it being, but that doesn't matter - IT FIT! Anyway, as Delaney was unzipping me she got my undershirt in the zipper. I was in a hurry so I just tried to rip it out. Well, that isn't the best idea when the zipper is like 30-something years old. The zipper ripped! Oh Crap! Now what am I going to wear??? Yeah, I had to settle for the "Horrible" dress! Just so you know, I don't think it is horrible and I ended up having a lot of fun and I actually felt like I looked ok! Anyway, we went to a restaurant called "Senorita's" and we had a blast! Thanks girls for being patient with me while I figured out what I was going to wear!
Marci & RiLee

Lexie, RiLee, Shandis, Jenn, Marci

Jenn, Shandis, Lexie

Marcie, RiLee, Jenn

RiLee, Jenn

Lexie, Shandis

Lexie, Shandis, Me

Lexie, Shandis, Me

Apparently, I have lots of gum!

RiLee, Shandis, Marcie, Lexie, Me, Jenn
6 comments:
I don't know what Wes was talking about, but I think you look very cute. He was probably just afraid of letting you leave the house looking so good. ;)
You look adorable. I love your green purse. It is always fun to have a girls night out.
I think Wes is full of it! I just think you should have also worn the silver sash that went with that DARLING dress some really kind person bought for you! Hahaha! Tell that darn husband of yours to take you shopping! Geez! I'm glad you have such fun friends! Oh and just to brag...I have twice that much gum in my purse! Haha! We are strange.
I think you looked cute!! I love hanging out with the girls:)
Yeah, Nik, Wes is up in the night. Those dresses are totally stylish right now and I REALLY like it. How fun! I wish I had girlfriends.
Nikki, it is so good to hear from you. I love your blog and your kids are so cute. I can't believe you have moved to NJ. I am sure it is a lot colder than TX. We live in TX and love it. Your girls night out looked fun and I think your dress looked good. It is so fun to keep in touch. Tell Wes Hi.
Post a Comment