Saturday, February 28, 2009

Boys will be boys??!!

Last night after Delaney went to sleep, (she knows when she is tired and goes to sleep like a good little girl) the boys were downstairs in the basement watching cartoons. I told them because it was a weekend (and I didn't want to fight with them) they could just sleep in the basement tonight. Yay, I was the best mom ever! Well, it didn't last for too long. Wes and I went to our room to watch a movie and around 1:00 am I heard screaming and crying from both boys as they came into my room. No big deal, this happens all the time, right? Well, this time they had taken it to the limit. It was completely dark other than the TV so I couldn't see anything for a while! I looked at Rylan to ask him why he was screaming like that - usually I tell him he had better be bloody or have something broken to be crying like that! Well, this time he was!! Blood EVERYWHERE! I sent him straight to my bathroom to get into the tub so when he bled everywhere it would be an easy clean-up! Well as I am running downstairs I can see Kyler has a terrified look on his face (guilty, I am sure!) and I yell up to Wes - "Get the camera!" I probably shouldn't be thinking that I am going to blog this while my son is bleeding his brains out, but whatever! Anyway, we finally get the story - Kyler was taking up too much leg room so Rylan wanted him to move. Kyler wouldn't so Rylan said he was going to go upstairs and tell me - well that was enough, Kyler started throwing punches! Hit him in the nose and the rest is history! I have honestly never seen a nose bleed like this before! He literally had blood from the top of his head all the way down to his toes! It was ridiculous! Also, he ran up 2 flights of stairs and down 2 hallways and into my room! (by the looks of it ran the whole way just letting the blood drip and not even trying to stop it from hitting the floor!) Well, hopefully Kyler (and Rylan) have learned their lessons and will stop fighting!! I really, really wish we had a picture but I guess Wes didn't hear me. This morning over breakfast Wes said "we should have gotten a picture so you could blog it" Uh, no kidding! One day maybe Wes will have blog-on-the-brain like me and get the camera asap! We can only hope!

3 comments:

Cortney said...

Wow! I wish you had a camera too. I guess that is what boys do...especially Whitehead boys. LOL

Fressia Vaughn said...

Apparently Rylan didn't only get his Aunt Fressia's teeth - he also got her bloody nose. I get bloody noses like nobody's business. I remember so many stories from my bloody noses - mom taking me to ER for one that just won't stop gushing (we're talking 45-minute GUSHERS) - Brad walking in the bathroom and thinking I had tried to committ suicide because there was blood ALL over the bathroom - he was like 11 poor kid. And the fun of having your nose ?cauterized? so many times so that it feels like there is a big booger up your nose canal and you just have to let it heal and scar to make the vein thicker... oh, I haven't had one for a few years now... Thank goodness. I lived in fear of those nasty bloody noses. Now that I have made a post on your post, haha, I'll end this rambling. :)

Brad and Jamee said...

Niiki what in the world. I think it is safe to say that Kyler should join Karate or any other form of martial arts. As far as Im concerned Kyler will be okay but how many more sucker punches can poor Rylan take before he just straight looses it. Im telling you, Rylans gonna snap and were all gonna be sorry!!!