I tuck my kids in bed every night. Last night as I was tucking Rylan in he asked me (for the 6th night in a row) when his dentist appointment was. I got a little short with him and said, Dude, it is in 2 weeks! I have told you this for a week now! Then I told him that I was going to write it on his calendar so he wouldn't have to ask me anymore. Well, then he said something to shut me up pretty quickly - he said "mom, I am sorry I keep making up things to talk to you about. I just want you to talk to me for a few minutes like you do with Kyler and Delaney." Oh man, that is like a knife through the heart! Kyler needs the extra attention, Delaney just won't be quiet for two seconds and by the time I get to Rylan I just kiss him, hug him, tuck him in and say goodnight. The poor kid just wants to talk to me! Now I go out of my way to make sure I spend some good quality time with him at night. Sorry Rylan! I am trying!
Today we went to WalMart to get some shoes for the boys. Now, just so you know how badly the kids needed shoes, I didn't realize they were wearing out until Rylan said to me one day as he was tromping through 4 inches of snow "mom, my feet are cold!" I said, why? Let me see your shoes... Yeah, his toes were completely hanging out of the shoes! The sole had come off! Kyler had the same problem!! Poor kids! More proof that I am not the worlds best mom! Anyway, I figured since we were there we would get some Valentines also. We saw some really cute bears that sang and did a little light show with their roses. The kids thought they were great. So we get the kids some shoes and are going to check out when Kyler says to me "Mom, can I get Ms. Torretti (his school teacher) that cute bear for valentines day? I will bring my shoes back - she is more important to me than these shoes!" Holy cow! How do you turn that down? What a sweet kid! No, I didn't make him give his shoes back - I might not be the worlds best mom, but I don't think I am the worst either!
Anyway, I am so proud of my kids and hope that they stay as sweet as they are now!
Love you Rylan, Kyler and Delaney!!
I had to add this picture because I think it is so cute!

3 comments:
You have great kids! I love ya!
Nikki I am a firm believer that bad people and bad parents are the ones that never try to improve and become better, they are the people who think all they have today is all they have to give forever. You aspire to become better for your children and thats what makes you an awesome mommy! Ive even heard your kids say "your the bet mommy ever", Im not sure what they wanted out of you but they put it out there and theres no take backs. haha.
Wow...very insightful, haven't red your blog in a long time, Just so you know-you are a great mom, it takes a long time for these great experiences and you are coming along fine. I also love the idea of the tv facing the wall, wish I could do that in my house, but I am not the controller, I want to take the cell phones away, that drives me crazy.
Your family is gorgeous..and hows my computer, should I bring a flash drive over? When should I pick it up?
Post a Comment