Saturday, November 8, 2008

Swimming with others...

Ok, now I am going to vent a little... The kids love to swim and when we go to a hotel that is all they like to do. Yesterday we spent 4 hours in the pool. They only got out becuase I forced them to! Little fish! Anyway, today they got up at around 7:00, we went to breakfast and then patiently waited for the pool to open at 10:00. As soon as the clock said 10:00 the kids were out the door yelling, c'mon mom!! Out we go. In the pool there was a family of about 6 little girls - well, not exactly little but young! The 10 year old was quite a bit bigger than me (not a problem until later in the story, you will understand!) The kids were all having fun. At times I would have to remind my kids to mind their manners, you know - don't spit water at people, don't hit your brother, blah blah blah. Well at one point I saw the before mentioned girl dragging Delaney across the pool by her feet. I didn't get upset, I just nicely told the girl to please stop because Laney couldn't breathe because she was being pulled under the water. No big deal, she looked at me like I was a jerk, but whatever. A little while later she was dragging Rylan to the deep end by his feet. I watched to make sure he was ok - I didn't want to interfere quite yet, he is old enough to be embarrassed if his "mommy" tries to help. After a few minutes I could see that he needed my help. I stood up and told her to please stop, he couldn't breathe. He got out of the pool and choked for a while. Again, she thought I was being rude! I was frustrated at this point but figured I would just deal with it. Not too much later I saw the same girl dragging Kyler to the deep end! I was thinking - does this girl have a mental problem??? I yelled (because she wouldn't listen to me) for her to stop! As soon as she stopped the other 4 girls attacked him. He couldn't get his head above the water. I was standing near the edge of the pool screaming at these girls to stop! I was almost to the point of jumping in to save my son! All the while the stupid parents just sat there and didn't even look up from their books! I wanted to just throw them in the pool and scream at them that they were going to have quite the lawsuit on their hands for drowning my children! I was so frustrated and instead of screaming at the mentally challenged family I took mine back up to the hotel room! I was about to go crazy with frustration! How could parents just sit there and let me yell at their kids and not do anything about it! Sometimes people just need slapped! As soon as they were out of the pool we were able to go back and enjoy the water. My poor kids, they were afraid for their lives!

3 comments:

Lexie said...

So you aren't going to be there for the program? shame on you! :)

How fun it must be to be there. how long are you guys staying? oh and by the way. HOW RUDE of that family, jeez, you need to watch your kids at all time but especially in a pool. thank goodness you were there!

Fressia Vaughn said...

I would have drown the 10-pack-twinkie-eating-fat-kid. And I would have enjoyed every dang minute of it. Maybe this is why I have no husband and no kids... the schoolyard bullies wouldn't stand a chance. Then again, the schoolyard bullies would probably be my own children.

Cortney said...

HAHAHAHA...You already know what I think because you had to verbally vent to someone. We all know you could not just vent by typing some blog..!