Friday, May 30, 2008

My boys and Baseball

Well, I know I mentioned my boys were playing baseball but I have a few more pictures that I wanted to share. Both Rylan and Kyler love to play. I had been talking with my Grandma J and mentioned that they love baseball and she said to me that my Grandpa Jack used to love baseball. It was his favorite sport and actually coached baseball when he taught school. She said that his favorite position was shortstop and then third base and that he loved to steal bases. I told the boys and they were so excited to know that my Grandpa Jack was cheering them on from Heaven! Kyler's new favorite position is shortstop and he tells me all the time - I hit the ball so hard just for Grandpa Jack! Another neat thing is, for Kyler's birthday Grandma J sent a card with some money and 3 totally awesome pictures of my Grandpa Jack in his baseball uniform from 1958! Kyler has them framed on his dresser! He looks at them all the time! Thanks Grandma J! We sure love you!






4 comments:

Cami said...

That is really Grandpa Jack? That is crazy! Those were fun to see! Did you notice what # he is wearing in that last picture? How weird is that?!?!

yourMOM said...

ummmm grandma J sorta forgot a few more details about grandpa jack....he played in the minor league, for the blue sox, and when his team was in kansas city the infield broke some records that he was part of. it made the papers she should have some. LOL

Cami said...

See what happens when you move so far away and I never see you!!! I am a retard!

Mrs. C Lurch said...

Your kids are so cute.. not surprised at all they are good at sports like their mom. I love hearing Grandparent stories.. that is so cool and super fun. Totally add me, that would be fun!