Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Spelling Bee

Rylan got chosen to represent his class in a district spelling bee. He was pretty excited but nervous. He didn't want to let down the kids in his class if he didn't win. There were about 27 kids there. Rylan was #7. I am so proud of Rylan. He made it to the top 7 and then he missed a word. He knew the word but was a little nervous and missed one letter. I only got one picture of him, probably because I was as nervous as he was. I didn't want him to be upset if he got a word wrong. Anyway, I got a phone call that said they wanted to put a picture in the newspaper of all the kids in the Bee! Hopefully it will come soon so I can post that picture also.
Here is his, "mom, you are totally embarrassing me" face. :)

He pulls this face a lot more often that I think he should!


We are so proud of Rylan because he did a great job! He is very smart and I really enjoy seeing him learn and grow daily.

Way to go Rylan, We are proud of you!!!


Here is the picture that was in the newspaper. Rylan is front and center.

1 comment:

Cortney said...

Good job! I am glad someone can spell...I know I can't and there may be one or two in your family that can't either. ;)