My sister, Kaelani decided to get married November 18, one week before Thanksgiving. That was a great time because we could come for the wedding and stay for Thanksgiving. Making it a two-week trip! Awesome! Any excuse to see my family!
The drive isn't the most fun but we got through it with no huge catastrophes. When we drove through Des Moines we all yelled "Hi Uncle Glen!" I am not sure he heard us because I think missionaries forget their first name. As we left Des Moines it was pretty rainy and cold. We had a feeling it was going to get pretty ugly. It rained for a long time then froze and started snowing. So, that meant that all the rain that had been coming down for a long time had now frozen solid and then the snow sat on top of it. We were going super slow and very slowly slid right off the freeway! Kind of scary! The scariest part was the fact that even our 4 wheel drive couldn't get us out because the ground was so soft from the rain. We sank right into the mud. After about 20-25 minutes of trying super hard, we finally got back on the freeway! The car was covered in mud and the snow just kept coming! We found a place to stay for the night and didn't have any trouble the rest of the drive!
We had a blast for the two weeks we were there! (pictures of what we did to come.) There just doesn't seem to be enough time to see everyone, no matter how long you stay. Sorry!
The drive home was quite eventful. Usually when we drive somewhere, the drive home somebody gets sick. This time it was Wes' turn. He was miserable most of the drive home. We thought it could be food poisoning, but Cami had the same sickness the same night. Anyway, we made it home safe with no weather problems.
Thanks to everyone that made our trip so wonderful! I want to say Thanks to everyone individually, but I am afraid I will forget someone. We are so lucky to have so much family that loves us and will put up with us for a couple weeks! Thanks! See you soon! :)
I Choose You
6 years ago

1 comment:
I cant believe you drive it!?!?! You guys are awesome. Glad you got to head to Utah and have some fun.
Post a Comment