Thursday, May 13, 2010

Grandma & Grandpa came!

Grandma and Grandpa Whitehead got to come spend a week with us and it was so much fun! I really enjoy my in-laws, they are a lot of fun to be with! :)

On Friday we all went to the Museum of Natural History. The kids were really excited about it because it is the one on the movie "Night at the Museum". It was a lot of fun, there is so much to see in there! I think Grandpa liked it the best and could have spent the rest of his week here in there! Sorry, Grandpa - the kids are done! After we left the Museum we walked around Central Park. The weather was perfect, not too hot and not too cold! Central Park is a lot of fun when the weather is good. There are people entertaining all over the place. After Central Park we went and had some dinner and then walked to Times Square! I really do love that place! It is incredible! We walked through the M&M store, the Hershey store and the Nintendo store (can you see what we enjoy?!) We didn't get home until really late at night and the kids weren't complaining at all. Usually they whine about their legs/feet hurting, they are tired, they are bored etc. but nothing. They were so great! I am proud of them. The next morning they woke up at around 9-10ish. For Rylan to sleep that late means that he was exhausted! That boy never sleeps past 7:00!
Pictures of the museum:
Walking to the Museum
I told the kids if they wanted their picture with any animal they needed to just let me know and I would take it. Here are just a few...
I love when they actually look like they like each other!
They are getting silly now. I can't get a normal face out of them!
Rexy from "Night at the Museum"
Kyler loves the orangutans. Look closely there is one behind him!
Easter Island Head - the whole time until we found him (which was near the end) all I heard from Wes and the kids were things like:
You Dumb Dumb - Me want gum gum!
Dumb Dumb, get me gum, gum!
Dumb Dumb, me want water!
etc, anything they said had to have either Dumb dumb or gum gum in the sentence!
And look, I got more floor than head in the picture! I guess me dumb dumb!
Not sure why but they seem to think that the Huns meditate. From here on out they would pose like they were meditating and hum - Huummmmmm! Silly children!
While she was doing this there were people watching and totally busting up because she is a nut case!
One of my new favorite pictures! Too bad Wes was who-knows-where!

No comments: