Ok, I am so totally upset about what has happened at baseball that I need to share! First I have to start with the fact that Rylan's coach is one of the best coaches I have ever seen! He is absolutely wonderful and have told many people how great he is! All the kids love him and I love the fact that he is so positive with the kids. It doesn't matter if they screw up or not, he praises them for trying!
That being said, Rylan had a game last saturday that didn't turn out as expected. It was about the middle of the 3rd inning and the outfield ump was on his phone and made a really bad call! Our coach is the pitcher so he saw what happened and got a little frustrated with him. I have never seen the coach lose his temper - he has been nothing but happy and wonderful since we met him! Well, we watched the coach start to walk off when the ump called him back and totally got in his face, his finger was right in his face almost touching his nose. I, having seen people lose their temper at games, knew what was coming. The coach shoved the ump, got pulled away and then walked off again. Again, the ump followed him for more confrontation! Well, nothing happened because they called the game and told everyone to go home, there would be a meeting to discuss the problem Sunday afternoon. I talked to the team mom and told her how I felt and said that I was really sorry that we couldn't come to support him but we don't do stuff on Sunday. I asked her to make sure that everyone knew how I felt because I really didn't want anything to come from this. There was only one mom on the entire team that didn't want him to coach anymore. Obviously she is an important person because he is done!
I guess Springtown doesn't give second chances!! THEY SUCK!! They basically gave the coach 2 choices - resign gracefully or be suspended for 7 games! Well, guess how many games are left - 7!!!! He said he wouldn't resign because he didn't want to, he loves each kid and wouldn't do that to them! He was then told by the Butt Face in charge (who obviously likes his power! and I would really like to call him something else but know that I shouldn't!!) that he didn't want any parent reprocussions and to tell the parents he has resigned! TOTALLY WRONG!!! They should not be telling him to lie to us! Well, the coach has higher standards and told us that he would not lie to us! Good for him! Anyway, tonight at practice Coach showed up to tell us how sorry he was for the incident on Saturday and that he couldn't be the coach any longer! By the end of his apology he was in tears! It is really not fair to anyone! Then, because not many of the kids had any idea that there was even a problem, he had to explain to them why he couldn't be the coach any longer! Again, more tears - not just from him but the kids also! HOW IS THIS FAIR! Just because you make one mistake, apologize profusely for it and try to make everything better you get totally shafted!!! What are we teaching our kids - make a mistake and you are screwed??? Because that is how I see it! Give the poor guy another chance!! Well, there is nothing we can do about it because the before mentioned Butt Face said that if there are parent problems Coach will be banned for life from coaching in Springtown! Sounds real reasonable!!
I could go on for a long time about this but basically I am just thoroughly ticked off and would really like to give that butt face a piece of my mind!!! My advice is - DON"T PLAY SPORTS IN SPRINGTOWN!! There is quite a bit more to the story but I don't want to go on for hours!
Sorry Coach Richard! We will miss you!
I Choose You
6 years ago

1 comment:
Oh my gosh! That totally does suck. Poor guy. The poor kids!
Post a Comment