Wes asked me on Sunday (the 6th) if I would like to go to NY with him for 5 days! Well, I was totally excited about that and said, Yeah, but I need to make sure I have a babysitter! This is a time where the Best Mother-in-law EVER comes in really handy! I asked her and she fixed her schedule so that she could do it. The only problem was Saturday evening and Sunday almost all day she couldn't - what to do!! Well, I asked Brad and Jamee if they would be willing and they said yes! Am I lucky or what??!! We would be leaving that Thursday morning (when Wes says morning, he means 3 or 4 am!) So I asked Lorna if the kids could just spend the night Wed. night so I would not have to wake them up so early to bring them over! She said yes, of course (did I mention she is the BEST EVER?!) Well, Thursday morning we were off to the airport! WAHOO! So excited! We got there, made it through security and got on the plane (First class!!) Then the pilot came on and said it would be about a 30 minute delay, they were having problems in the baggage compartment. He came on about 3 times and said there would be a 30 minute delay (if you can add, that is about 1 1/2 hours!) Then he finally admitted to us that due to the really bad storm we had the night before, the door to the baggage compartment was damaged so it would be about 30 minutes to fix it and we would be on our way. Again he did this about 3 times. (not sure why he has to say 30 minutes - just be honest, we will leave in about 3-4 hours!!) Anyway, Wes and I watched a movie on his laptop in those cushy first class seats! Not too bad, I was just so excited to go to NY with Wes I didn't care! We got to Charlotte, NC and had misssed our other flight because the first one was so delayed. Not a problem, they stuck us on a different one - but no first class seats were available! Have you ever flown first class? If you have, coach SUCKS! But we got through it!
Now for the good part! We had a blast! I relaxed, slept in and just totally enjoyed my time with Wes. On one of the days we went to Manhattan with Jason, Brittany and a couple of their friends from Cali. That was a lot of fun - I sure miss Jason and Brit. p.s. she is so cute pregnant! not very big yet though! Anyway, we didn't get any pictures of the fun stuff we did because I had already been there once and didn't need more pictures of the same stuff. Just use your imagination.
Thanks Wes for taking me! Thanks Transload for footing the bill! :)
I Choose You
6 years ago

1 comment:
Man, you either don't blog forever or you blog, blog, blog! I'm so glad you got to go and spend some time with Wes! It's always nice to get away from the kids for a while and it's REALLY nice when it's someone else's money you are using. Haha! You are lucky to have Lorna there so your kids have somewhere to go! Yay! Sounds like fun! One of these times you guys are going to have to take me. I'd love to visit NY!
Post a Comment