Thursday, August 28, 2014

New punishments...

My kids are usually super good and don't need punished much. We are really lucky parents. Anyway, once in a while the kids need something to teach them that what they did is really not ok.

Kyler decided to skip school.  Actually, the night before Kyler went and played dodgeball with the Young Men. If you know young men, you know they get really, really stinky... anyway, I told Kyler that he had to shower before he went to school. He didn't want to get up early and refused to shower the night before. So, he missed school. I told him he could go late and that if he missed school there would be some sort of punishment.  He chose punishment. So, Wes and I decided that he should have to write 10 pages word-for-word out of Oliver Twist.  He wasn't too happy about it, but he had to get it done.

 When I checked later on I found out that he wrote pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10.  He skipped a few pages.  I figured that was a LOT of writing so I let it go. I think he learned his lesson!

A few days later I was laying on the floor reading a book by the heater and found this...
I think he didn't like the whole Oliver Twist idea.

Then not long later Delaney started freaking out for no reason.  We warned her that if she didn't relax she would be writing out of Oliver Twist. It didn't help. So, we got the book and the notebook out.

Here you can see she is super excited to be writing...

So, as she was writing she wanted me to know how upset she was so she dug her pen as hard as she could into the paper. She went through the paper and dug divots into the table.

We decided to send her to her room to cool off before she finished her writing.
While in there she decided that there were a few things she didn't want anymore. So, she did the logical thing - she opened her window and threw it all out!
Well, I asked her to please go pick up all that stuff and if she really didn't want it she could put it into a trash bag and put it where it belongs.



Then she had to help sand the table and re-stain it.
Too much drama...
 

I have to say, since these two incidences we have only had to threaten
Oliver Twist and they start behaving!




No comments: