Friday, August 29, 2014

20 mile bike ride

So, one day we decided that we would like to ride our bikes to Hornsea to the beach. It is only about 6 or so miles so we figured that we would be able to do it pretty easily. There are a couple ways to get there and as we were talking about it I told Wes I really didn't feel comfortable riding on the main road because there isn't a sidewalk. Kyler and Wes then told me that there was a sidewalk and I was crazy. Kyler actually told me that he rides the bus on that road every day and he knows there is a sidewalk. Well, we got about 3-4 miles down the road and realized that there really wasn't a sidewalk (I hate to say I told you so!) so we turned around and decided to go another way. The ride was beautiful and actually pretty fun.


I seriously love the yellow fields!


 We stopped about halfway to make sure we were on the right road
and for a bit of water. 

 Once we got there it had cooled down quite a lot!

 But that won't stop us from having a little ice cream!

At the Chip Shop - we were all super hungry so we stopped
for fish & chips!



On the way home all the sudden I see Delaney veer off the road
and right into the bushes! I was very confused and after she stopped
crying I asked her what she was doing! She said she wanted to try to
ride her bike without her eyes open... apparently she can't!


We felt bad for her but it was really, really funny!

Including the detour we rode roughly 20 miles! It was a lot of fun!
I love being with my family!

No comments: