I was running at the park, tripped on a root and fell and the stick stabbed me!
Hmmm, doesn't make too much sense, but why would he lie to us? So I asked if he were running backwards. Because that might make more sense...the wound was on the back of his thigh. Nope. He said he was running forwards and fell. Something is a little fishy. We then asked if he was sure it was wood, it looked a little too clean to be wood. Maybe it was metal or glass? Nope. A stick. He was going to stick with this story. We even tried to scare the truth out of him. Telling him that if it was something like metal he would need a tetanus shot or he could get gangrene and possibly lose his leg! No go, still sticking with the stick story!
A few days later I was talking to the friend that was at the park with Kyler and asked if he had heard that Kyler got stitches. He said he had and asked if Kyler told me how it happened. I was quite intrigued and told him the story I was told. He just laughed and told me that is not even close to the REAL story! So I then told him to spill it! The true story is that Kyler was climbing a fence with spikes on top, slipped and one of the spikes stabbed him in the leg! Now that seems a bit more realistic! He is such a funny kid! I have never gotten mad at him for getting hurt or for climbing trees or fences or anything! I want my kids to enjoy life and if climbing trees and fences makes them happy, then go for it! I just don't get why he would not tell us the truth!
Anyway, long story short, Kyler got a fence in his leg and got two stitches!
Here we are at the hospital waiting...



1 comment:
Whitehead boy through and through.
Post a Comment