We have some great friends that invited us to go to the Great Wolf Lodge with them this year. It was fantastic! We had so much fun! Can't wait for next year!
The Great Wolf Lodge is an indoor water park/hotel. It has so much fun stuff to do. There is a fun little kiddie pool with a few slides just for little kids. There is a wave pool. There is a regular pool with basketball hoops and floating acorns and such. There are two hot tubs, one for anyone and one for adults 21 and older. That one was awesome! There are lots of super fun slides. A toilet bowl slide, a family slide where 4 people can cram in a big tube and go all together, there is a roller coaster slide (my personal favorite!). And there is a humongous bucket that fills with water, when it gets full a bell rings and it dumps 1,100 gallons of water!
There are so many fun things to do here! It was great fun!
We got the kids out of school a little bit early Thursday and headed out. It is in Pennsylvania, not too far from where we live. We got there, checked into the hotel and headed to the water park! We played the rest of the day, until we were exhausted! Went to the hotel room, slept, woke up and played until we were so tired we could hardly walk!
Here are a few pictures of the great time we had! I didn't take lots of pictures because I left my memory card at home and I wasn't about to bring my new iPhone into a super humid water park. Thanks Dustin and Erica for letting us use your pics (and for taking some pictures of my family so we have some memories!)
Here are a few pics of the park.
This is the roller coaster slide. It was so much fun! And the more weight the faster/more fun you have! Dustin, Wes and I all went together on it! It was so much fun, I almost fell out of the tube. I went flying and landed back in my seat, but Wes' feet happened to get there first. I almost broke his ankle! But it was the best ride of the whole trip!

At bedtime in the lobby they have story time. The kids sit and watch these kinda creepy creatures come to life and tell a story and sing. The kids loved it! There is a boy that comes out of a tree stump and I think he is super creepy! When it was all over they had soap bubbles come from the ceiling and it totally looked like it was snowing! I was quite impressed!

Kyler, Austin & Evan enjoying the lazy river.
Wes
There was a floating acorn. We spent a long time playing on it.
Ashley, Rylan & Evan
Dustin has a super cool underwater camera. Here are my totally normal boys, Rylan, Kyler & Wes.
Did I say normal, well I think I was mistaken...
After the camera was submerged for a while, I guess it got a little water in it so the rest of the pics he took were a bit fuzzy. I am not complaining, I am happy to have pictures!
Taking a little snack break.
Kyler doing a cannon ball. Ignore the cow to the left of him. I think I am holding on to some winter weight to keep me warm. (excuses, excuses!)

There was a fun pool with floating stuff that people can try to walk across. When Wes and Dustin get together it is like preschool. They are hilarious to be around though.
Here is Dustin running across the floating lily pads.
Here is Wes trying to run across the lily pads.
Dustin took a little video of the big bucket dumping water on him. You can't see the bucket in the video but you can hear the bell ringing and all the water that dumps.

2 comments:
That looked like SO much fun!
WOW! That place looks pretty cool!
Post a Comment