Elder David A. Bednar.
There were a few speakers before Elder Bednar that did a great job. Testimonies by 3 youth. I am amazed and impressed with them because I don't think I could have done that. First, there were SO many people there and second, bear your testimony in front of an Apostle! Crazy! But they did and they did great! I am continually impressed with the youth!
While Elder Bednar was speaking Kyler was drawing a picture of him. It was a cute picture. Kyler whispered to me - "Can I give this to him?" I told him that he could, but I am not sure if he would get to see him for a while because there are so many people that wanted to shake his hand. Well, I am not sure if Kyler even heard the closing prayer because as soon as they said Amen, he took off like a rocket. I think he was the first one to shake his hand. (and remember we were clear back in the middle of the gym!) He was so excited that he got to shake hands with an Apostle of the Lord.
Rylan and Delaney wanted to shake his hand also, so we got in line. It was quite the line. We waited for a long time and finally shook his hand. I overheard my kids say - "I am never going to wash this hand again!" Haha! Cute, but disgusting. Think of the many people he just shook hands with and all the germs! Gross!
Anyway, it was a great day. We got some great information and things to think about. My kids even listened because Wes and I were discussing what was said and the kids chimed in and we had a nice little discussion.
We are all very glad we got the chance to go and listen to Elder Bednar. It was a great meeting! I am also very grateful for my wonderful kids that have such strong testimonies already!


No comments:
Post a Comment