Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rhode Island

Wes had to go to Rhode Island again and asked if we would like to go, kind of as the last trip of the summer. We thought it was a great idea and packed up our stuff. We left Sunday after church. It was raining so it took a little longer to get there because of all the accidents, but we made it! Monday we swam in the hotel pool all day! It amazes me how long my kids can spend swimming. I had to beg them to stop so we could eat! Tuesday it was still raining so we decided to get our school shopping done. None of us like shopping so it wasn't the best day, but what else do you do when it rains for 3 days straight! We had heard that on some of the beaches close to where we were staying were actually closed because of sharks. We also heard that you could see some of the sharks from the shore so we decided to take a trip out to see them! Nobody planned on swimming because we are all terrified of sharks. We were just going to go, look at sharks, maybe play in the sand for a little while and then go do something else. When we got there the beach was open. There were no sharks (at least that anyone knew about) so we stayed for a little longer. Mind you, we were quite unprepared for this little venture.
Kyler made a fun little castle and then decided it would be best if he jumped on it! He had a lot of fun wrecking it!
Delaney wanted buried, Kyler happily obliged!
Oh, aren't they cute!
Rylan had a lot of fun in the water. He really loves the waves!
Rylan was the sand monster! It would drive me bonkers if I had sand all over my body like that! :)
This picture was taken especially for Grandpa Whitehead. He wanted pictures of sharks, but since there weren't any, these monsters would have to do!
Hours spent playing in the sand. I love when they play together nicely!
This doesn't even look as bad as it really was, but this is the end result of 6 hours at the beach with no sunscreen and big glasses. Not pretty. Wes wouldn't go anywhere with me unless I had my glasses on so you couldn't see the lines! haha
Seriously, it was bad. I wish the picture would do it justice!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I am glad you did not see any sharks. I think I would have flipped out. Fun pictures.

Lexie said...

Awe I miss your kids so much! (and you of course) and your hair is SOOO long. I think I'm regretting cutting mine :(