We went with some of our friends to this really cool place with a fun little waterfall and pond that the kids could play in and jump off the waterfall. It was so much fun, and nice to get out of the house for a while! Well, after a while the boys wanted to do some exploring...I am not sure they will do that ever again! I don't mind that they explore, as long as I can see them and they watch for things like poison ivy. Well, I guess I didn't realize they needed to be watching for Yellow jacket nests! Kyler climbed up on a ledge and was throwing rocks into the water below him. Austin (our friend, who is 3 years old) started to follow. Well, his mom didn't like that idea and went after him to get him down. After a few minutes we had all the boys up there - Rylan, Kyler, Evan and Austin - and Erica trying to get them to all come down carefully. Well in the process of coming down Kyler and Austin stepped on the nest! Neither of them saw it until it was too late. The bees came out like crazy and just went nuts! Erica got Austin and got out of there - I ran up as fast as I could to try to get my boys out of there! When we finally got the kids down from the ledge we had to strip off their shirts and throw the boys in the water because the stupid bees followed us! They just wouldn't stop! I have never seen fear like I saw on Kyler's face. It was the worst moment of my life - I was so far away just watching Kyler scared to death! There was nothing I could do!
Everything turned out ok, Kyler got stung 18+ times, that we found, Austin got it 15+ times, Evan about 7+, Erica got a bunch, I got a bunch and Rylan walked away with nothing! I am not sure how that happened but he got super lucky! I am so glad that nobody was allergic to them and that everything turned out ok - but I really NEVER want to see fear like that on any of my kids faces ever again!
Here are some pics of the fun we had before all this happened.
Most of the water is quite shallow so I wasn't worried the whole time about the little ones drowning. It was actually a lot of fun...up until the bees anyway.
They love to jump into the water.
If you look behind Delaney is where the boys were climbing. The ledge they were standing on is just out of the picture. It was quite a steep climb to get to it though, I am not sure if you can tell from the picture.

1 comment:
Happy late anniversary!You looked beautiful!
That is so crazy about the bees. That would freak me out.
Post a Comment