Well, last Thursday the kids went to school in shorts and a t-shirt because I THOUGHT the weather said it would be in the 60's. At around 11:00 Laney yelled to me
"MOM - SNOW!!!" She was thrilled! Me, I was really sad because my boys were at school freezing their butts off! I was totally upset thinking I was the world's worst mom! Laney and I got ready and off we went to the school to drop off coats to the boys! Well, on my way to the school the Emergency Broadcast System interupts the music and says - We are issuing an alert for a severe winter storm! We are expecting 3-5 inches! Travel will be hazardous if not IMPOSSIBLE!! I totally cracked up at this! 3 inches and people here are freaking out! Crazy to me when I grew up with tons of snow and I have never heard the EBS! Kind of strange! Well, I got to the school and found out that they were calling all the parents to come get their kids because school would be getting out early because of the snow! I am just totally laughing at all the crazy parents running around the school frantic to get their kids before the crazy 3 inches of snow falls!!! It was a mad house! The parents were really freaking out - I actaully heard one mother say to another - "I can't believe they are waiting until 1:00 for the busses to come - that is a lawsuit waiting to happen!!!" I almost laughed in her face! Anyway, so I got my boys and we went home. Brad was at our house fixing his truck and we decided it would be a lot of fun if we took the quad over to grandma's house to play! (since we figured school would be cancelled on friday and we could play a little later than usual!) Well, The boys and Laney had a blast in the snow! Thanks Grandpa Scuba Steve and Grandma Brenda for the new boots and gloves, they really came in handy! Anyway, on the way to Grandma Whitehead's (which is about 6 miles) we saw about 7 or 8 cars off the road stuck! Crazy Texans! And, sure enough, school was cancelled on Friday!
Again, pictures are coming soon! This time it is a problem with the stupid server! :(
I Choose You
6 years ago

1 comment:
Nikki:
I hope it's okay I visit your blog. I laughed too when the snow warning came on. I think Texas drivers are retarded anyways so the snow makes them 10 times worse! Could you imagine a Texan in Utah?? If Utah had snow days everytime there was 3 inches of snow, they would never go to school. It is just so weird to me. Anyway, sounds like you guys had a blast in the snow anyway! :)
Heidi
Post a Comment