This year Rylan's birthday was on Thanksgiving day. He was pretty excited about it until the day actually came. He kept saying "nobody cares about my birthday, they only care about Thanksgiving" I think he said something like that to Fressia when she called to wish him a Happy Birthday! I think it is sad but funny! I don't let the kids open their gifts in the morning on a holiday or not so it really wasn't that much different but I guess it irritated him. He had to wait because we had a big gift that the Hogge's were bringing for us (Thanks, by the way!) and I had to make sure dinner was getting done in a timely manner. Well, once I made sure dinner was done we couldn't wait to eat, so he had to wait some more to open his gifts. I have to say this year was a great Thanksgiving. I really did miss my family but if you can't have family with you what is better than really good friends? The 4 missionaries and the Hogge's came over this year. The food was GREAT and the company even better! I have to say thanks to my Grandma J, I called her that morning begging her to help me make homemade gravy so I didn't have to use the packets! She Rocks! (so did the gravy in case you were wondering!) Well, after a yummy dinner (and Rylan nagging for us to hurry up and eat!) we finally got to open presents! Rylan got a package from Grandma and Grandpa Whitehead, Grandma Brenda and Scuba Steve, he got letters with cash in them from Grandma Margo and Grandpa Gary, Grandma J and Grandpa Dale, and Grandma and Grandpa Grange, (wow, that is a lot of grandparents!) Anyway, he loved every gift - but for some reason he doesn't show his emotion while opening stuff. He just says, cool. He doesn't sound excited or anything! I know he loved it all and I want to thank everyone for the wonderful gifts! Here are some pictures of our fun day!
Here is Wes helping out with dinner...

The kids and I were making lots, and lots of rolls! Grandma J about died when I told her how many we made! Hahaha - we love rolls here!


Here Rylan is buttering the dough before it goes in the oven.

Wes & Rob carving the turkey (actually the kids thought we were having ostrich! Hahaha Wes told them that it is better to eat ostrich because with a turkey you have to wait until it is full grown to kill and eat it - an ostrich is big enough at a young age that you don't have to wait. For some reason we haven't set them straight yet! lol cruel, I know but quite funny!)

Look how yummy!


All the adults in here, the kids in the other room - and actually I think we just sort of forgot about them - we aren't really sure who ate or what they ate! haha, doesn't matter, we enjoyed our dinner!

mmmm, such good food - not such a good picture!

Waiting for the gifts!

I think Wes liked this gift even more than Rylan did. It is a pop-up book. Not just any pop-up book, the coolest one you will ever see! It even has real light up light sabers! haha, nerds.


Opening Grandma Brenda & Scuba Steve's gift!


From Grandma & Grandpa Whitehead

This guy is called Screature. He is pretty cool and if you pet him wrong he will squirt water in your face.


Rylan's new bike. I sat there forever before he actually noticed it!


Already putting together his roller coaster. He had it built before the night was over. And actually it has a camera that came with it. The next video is what Rylan actually took with his roller coaster car.

The little car has a camera on it and you can record it going on the roller coaster or you can record the other car going on it. It is kind of fun but it might make you dizzy to watch.
3 comments:
The picture of Wes helping with dinner looks like what happened at our house as well. Glad Rylan scored on some awesome gifts. I am not sure if it is that we are from Utah or what, but we too love the missionaries that are serving here in Maryland.
Happy b-day Rylan! Too bad we couldn't have been there. I looks like it was a lot of fun and it looks very yummy!
Happy B Day Ry! Watching these videos made me miss you guys so so so much!!!! I love you all!
Post a Comment