Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Fun!

I had a lot of fun this year! Last year we were driving from TX to UT so...Not so much fun! Anyway, we got up and decided to go try and find some fun stuff to do. When we lived in UT the city had fun festivities going on like all day - here, not so much! We couldn't find anything going on! Wes turned to me and said, It is the 4th of July, right?? It was crazy! So we decided to venture into The City and go to Central Park - there is always something to see there, it doesn't matter if it is a holiday or not! So off we went! It was a lot of fun! The kids got to see the Manhattan Temple for the first time! Delaney got her face painted,

we ate cotton candy, ice cream and hot dogs. It was just a lot of fun! Also, Kyler and I got some new sunglasses! I am so excited!
After that little adventure we came home and got everything ready for the real party! A bunch of people came over and we had so much fun! The kids all played so well together I almost forgot about them! (and there were LOTS of kids! I think about 18!) Anyway the adults played well together also! We played basketball, 500, soccer, a little catch and Spoons!! Basketball was fun! 500 was good but I guess my family doesn't think it is a real weekend unless someone gets hurt! No ER, but I got hit pretty good in the eye. I wish I weren't so retarded! I tried to catch the ball and it slipped through my hands and hit me directly in the eye! Stupid ball! I had to quit playing because I couldn't see! Stupid eye! Anyway, we got to go down the street and see some fireworks! Then we came home, sent the kids down in the basement and got the spoons out! I was so excited! I love spoons but we don't get to play too often! Things got a little out of hand but it was so much fun! A few of us even had to jump over the table to get spoons! I love it and I think we should make spoons a weekly game!

I don't have many pictures because I didn't get my camera out! I was to busy trying to win at everything! Marci took some pictures and I am patiently waiting for them! (*hint, hint*) The picture I do have is stolen from Lexie's blog.
Thanks everyone for coming - I had a blast!

No comments: