Monday, October 11, 2010

Crazy hike

Wes really should be doing this post, because I don't always get information correct. But I will do my best. (Wes told me the mileage, so that is right!)

Wes and his friend Dustin decided a while ago that they were going to hike the Appalachian trail. It sounded like fun to me. Then they said that it was going to be in 3 days and they were going to cover 42 miles! They have been pretty excited about it. They packed up their bags and off they went.

They left on a Wednesday after work. They hiked 3 miles that night. The next day they hiked about 15 miles. They were pooped. Friday they hiked another 16 miles. And on Saturday another 8! That is insane! I can't imagine how tired they were. We picked them up Saturday around noon. As they got in the car, the kids commented on how smelly they were! Haha!

Here are some pictures of the hike:
All these pictures are of Dustin because Wes was taking them. I need to get Dustin's camera so I have some pics of Wes!

The trail had pretty rough terrain.
Pretty sweet campsite!
Check out that trail!
Wes likes Fungi. Here are some cool ones he saw!

1 comment:

Erica said...

So glad you posted these Nikki, and even more glad that I finally saw them. I haven't seen any pictures that Dustin took, but If he did, I will get them to you as soon as possible. Our husbands are NUTS! But I'm so glad that Dustin has someone to be nuts with. HA!